Friday, May 20, 2016

Year End Activity Round Up

Topics

1. All Sections Camp
2. Canoe Trip + Camp
3. End of Year Party
4. Council Camp / Cuboree

We are ending the year with a flurry of activity!


1. All Sections Camp

Response Dead Line DateSaturday May 21
Camp Date: 24th-26th

After Swim-Up Scouter Mervyn said:
... there may be a possibility of organizing an All-Sections Camp in June, so long as we can book a site and get interest going among the sections.  I understand that, given other planned scouting activities and Father's Day (June 19th), the preferred weekend would be June 24-26.
I will check around to inquire about sites.  If anybody has suggestions, please let me know.  At this time, I'm requesting that you please canvass your section for interest in a late June Group camping trip and complete the following form by this Saturday.
Camp Form
 (http://tinyurl.com/1stManotickCampSurvey2016)

What is an All-Sections Camp? A camp involving all the (Scouting) sections, i.e., Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venture, etc, from a our 1st Manotick Group. All the colonies, all the packs, troop, company, etc.


2. Canoe Trip + Camp

Proposed Date: June 18th - 19th
Location: Dow's Lake

The Cubs and Scouts would paddle canoes from Dow's Lake to one of the Locks and camp there over night.

Since we have a limited number of canoes preference will be given to older cubs first.

If you are interested (or not), let me know by email or at the end of year party.


3. End of Year Party

Date: Wednesday May 25th
Location: Bernard Grandmaitre Gym
Start Time: 18:30
End Time: 20:00


We spoke with the cubs and the consensus is:
  • pizza and snacks
  • nerf guns

Cubs can bring their own nerf guns and ammo.
If a cub has extra nerf guns they can bring them to share.
If you don't have a nerf gun, let me know and I will make sure we have extra's

We will set up a few games and contests.
We will have pizza delivered.
We will also have beverages and snacks.


This will be our last official meeting.


4. Council Camp / Cuboree

Dates: June 3rd - 5th

The organizers just sent me a bunch of documents.

I haven't read through them yet but I will share them now:


Any additional documents I get, I will put in the public folder